FAO: Logistics Assistant – warehouse management
Application deadline: 26 January 2018
National Personnel Project (NPP)
Duty Station: Various, one each
Juba, Bor, Aweil, Rumbek, Torit, Maban.
|Organizational Unit:|| FAO Representation in South Sudan (FRSSD)
|Duration: 3 Months WITH POSSIBILITY OF EXTENSION (SUBJECT TO SATISFACTORY PERFORMANCE).|
|Eligible Candidates:||South sudanesse only||Anticipated start date: Immediately|
The main aim of the FAO country offices, which are headed by an FAO Representative, is to assist Governments to develop policies, programmes and projects to achieve food security and to reduce hunger and malnutrition, to help develop the agricultural, fisheries and forestry sectors, and to use their environmental and natural resources in a sustainable manner.
The FAO Representation in South Sudan is organized around three main units: Programme, Operations and Administration. The current portfolio of projects in South Sudan includes activities related to Agriculture(crop), Livestock, Fisheries, Natural Resource Management, Food information Systems and is implemented with humanitarian, transitional and development funding. The incumbent will contribute to the country’s programme and portfolio as foreseen in the project he/she will coordinate and be assigned.
The logistics Assistant will work under the overall supervision of the FAO Representative for South Sudan and the direct supervision of the Respective Head of Field office and in close collaboration with the Programme/Operations(Logistics)/Administrative Units.
Tasks and objectives to be achieved:
· ensure that the entry and exit of goods from the FAO Hub warehouses are properly controlled and recorded;
· Ensure that the reception of articles and goods are done according to the quantities and qualities required on the respective purchase order;
· Deliver goods requested against official and approved documentation to approved Partners;
· Ensure daily update of stock cards whenever goods are received or issued:.
· Sign the waybill and GRNs of cargos received/dispatched
· Share the Waybills and GRNs with Log office in Juba immediately after receiving/dispatching items.
· Ensure that the best practices of warehousing are in place;
· keep the warehouse, clean, ventilation and a well-organized;
· Carryout weekly and physical inventory of the warehouse contents;
· Produce weekly stock reports and submit to the Area Coordinator then to the Logistics Officer Juba.
Report on the quality, quantity of the received commodities.
· Be in charge of transportation of goods to Juba, field offices by air and road.
Responsible of all booking of FAO cargo either through UNHAS or other transport companies.
· Monitor the fuel consumption on weekly bases and reported to the Logistics Officer.
· Ensure that logistic activities are carried out in time to support field project activities
· Perform other duties required.
|Technical Competencies and Experience Requirements:
· Good experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MSWord, Excel etc.)
· Ability to coordinate and work with partners
· Familiarity with UN administrative, operational and financial procedures is an asset;
· Ability to provide leadership, knowledge of policies and guidelines pertaining to transport operations and related matters is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results, shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges; remains calm in stressful situation.
· Good communication skills.
· Capable of working under pressure in multitasking position
· Ability to work in a multicultural environment
· Demonstrated use of initiative and ability to make appropriate linkages in work requirements and anticipate next steps;
· Ability to plan, organize, implement and report on work;
· Demonstrates openness in sharing information and keeping clients and colleagues informed;
HOW TO APPLY:
Send your application to: FAOHR-SouthSudan@fao.org or drop hard copy in any FAO office in South Sudan.
Candidates are requested to submit a covering letter quoting the Position Title and Vacancy Announcement No. FAO/001/2018 along with their current/detailed Curriculum Vitae and FAO https://jobs.fao.org/careersection/fao_external/jobsearch.ftl?lang=en
E-mail is the preferred means of receipt and the application should be sent to
Alternatively the Applications can be dropped at FAO South Sudan Office in UN House, clearly marked with the VA Number
Applications must be received by the deadline. Late applications will not be considered.
Only short listed candidates meeting all essential qualifications will be contacted.
This post is open to South Sudanese nationals ONLY
FAO IS A NON-SMOKING ENVIRONMENT
|Job Category||All jobs|